Sea kayaking tour of the best of Nova Scotia
Our Inn to Inn Kayaking tour offers the best of multi-day kayaking tours while still sleeping and eating in style. Our four days, three nights kayak trip hits all the sights and amazing spots from Chester to Mahone Bay, Lunenburg and Blue Rocks, then on to the LaHave Islands. Every night is spent in the best beds in comfortable accommodations. Every meal tantalizes the eyes, nose, and mouth in the South Shore’s most delicious restaurants. This tour focuses on our protected islands in the greater Mahone Bay. MICA, a community group committed to protecting and conserving the islands in the area, has facilitated a dozen islands being put in the public trust and we paddle by as many of these wonderful islands as we can, stopping for snacks and to explore.
The sounds of the ocean and its wildlife will fill your days, the tastes of local food will fill your bellies, and quiet nights in small town accommodations will sooth you to sleep.
Inn to Inn Kayaking Itinerary
Day 1 – Chester to Mahone Bay
- Beginning in the town of Chester, we will begin our adventure paddling the Mahone Bay Islands, enjoying sheltered waters and endless island hopping possibilities. We will paddle right to our ocean side B&B in the neighboring Town of Mahone Bay and end the evening feasting on local delicacies at one of town’s top restaurants.
Day 2 – Mahone Bay to Lunenburg
- We continue to island hop throughout the islands of Mahone Bay as we paddle to the UNESCO town of Lunenburg, where we will fuel our adventure with another delicious meal and restful night at a local B&B.
Day 3 – Blue Rocks
- We will shuttle out to Blue Rocks for our third day, to paddle the maze of narrow channels dotted with picturesque fishing shacks. Afterwards, we head back to Lunenburg for an opportunity to sample another local restaurant, and a restful night’s sleep.
Day 4 – LaHave Islands
- Our final day begins with a historic cable ferry shuttle over to the LaHave Island Archipelago, where we will paddle to fabulous white sand beaches or the Mosher Island lighthouse depending on the winds. No trip to LaHave is complete without a trip to the LaHave Bakery! We will enjoy a final sweet treat to celebrate a great four days of adventure before we shuttle back to our departure point of Chester and bid new paddling friends goodbye.
Included in our Inn to Inn Kayaking tour:
- 4 days of guided paddling
- 3 nights B&B accommodation
- all meals (B&B breakfasts, picnic lunches featuring local treats & delicacies, gourmet dinners at local restaurants in Mahone Bay & Lunenburg)
- all shuttles
- transport from Halifax to Chester (Please contact us if you would like assistance making transportation arrangements)
- gratuities for guides & servers